Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T-One Models 2.7m F-22 build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T-One Models 2.7m F-22 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 02:20 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Finished the my canopy lock mod this morning I took the canopy and nose off which made it super easy to get the angle and brass tube glued in. Next I installed the two BVM hi-Flow vent system, the area had carbon fiber laid up so it was the perfect spot, plus this has to be done before I install the saddle tanks since the vents are behind the tanks. Then I finished up the tanks, gave them a good washout to get rid of trash because you would not believe how much trash ends up your turbines. I cant count the number of folks who say the triple filter and still when I tear the motor apart its a dirt/trash problem. Don't for get the vents are not filtered normally so there is always that chance of sucking up dirt on your take off and landings. Anyway tanks are all plumbed with lick wire to secure the BVM hi-Flow tank line, I will say the T-One clunks are a bit over kill on size and weight.
At this point its finally assembly and figuring out where to put everything!

CANOPY LOCK HOLDER INSTALLED

CLUNK LINES MADE UP

TANKS COMPLETE

ONE OF TWO VENTS UNDER THE LEADING EDGE OF WING

EASY TO GET TO AND HIDDEN
Old 02-06-2020, 05:13 PM
FenderBean

Not much left to do but install the air system, fuel and run wires! Photo opt
Oh small horribly done video showing the canopy mod I did
and the work so far are uploading on my youtube page

Old 02-06-2020, 05:22 PM
cycross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work Keith! and very informative videos.
I too took out the canopy lock air actuator, will be replacing with a micro servo mod instead.
Will you be dampening the two clunks with some filter cloth wrapped around? Looks like some serious smashing of metals inside the central fuel tank otherwise during hard maneuvers.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:20 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know, when you put all the pieces together, the F-22 is a good size model. Really looking forward to getting this one done, so will be placing an order for the K-260 in the morning.
Keith, how are you securing the center tank (main tank) inside the fuse?

Last edited by David Jackson; 02-06-2020 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:17 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by David Jackson
You know, when you put all the pieces together, the F-22 is a good size model. Really looking forward to getting this one done, so will be placing an order for the K-260 in the morning.
Keith, how are you securing the center tank (main tank) inside the fuse?
Velcro on bottom and a small wood block on top with a screw I can remove, I will post picks once done.
Yeah great size.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:57 PM
FenderBean

Spent the weekend running leads, air lines, and after a quick CG check to confirm its SUPER tail heavy I made sure to put everything in the nose. Batteries will be in the very tip tray, followed by the radio and air equipment tray and then the fuel/motor tray.
Im still expecting to add some nose weight but hopefully not much.

Gear, Doors, Bay Doors and Brake valves I will be using pulse option on the gear and gear doors.

Fuel Tray

3D Printed battery holders

Air Tray will be under the radio tray
Old 02-09-2020, 09:01 PM
FenderBean

I forgot the radio tray, not sure why its upside down?

Old 02-10-2020, 04:46 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice clean setup, but one question. Does the arrow on the filters indicate flow? If so, shouldn't they be turned 180 since they're on the discharge of the pumps?
Old 02-10-2020, 05:25 AM
FenderBean

These are older, the arrow is printed wrong direction. They are in the right direction, if you look at a current the arrow is going the direction mine are set to. Good eye though
Old 02-12-2020, 06:24 PM
FenderBean

Not much to show since its pretty much done, I mounted the tail section and have all air and servo stuff installed. I managed to figure out the light kit and its all hooked up as well, it will look great for those early evening flights. Trying to figure out why my receivers are not working when plugged into the IGyro, they work fine plugged directly into the power system. Last thing to do really is mount the tanks and CG/setup, I left them out so I could run wires and airlines.
I added some ceramic blanket to keep heat away from the stab servos and I will check the tail area for heat first thing when I run the motors.

SBUS setup

Old 02-12-2020, 06:41 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Keith where are you buying the Single Servo Decoders you show in the last photo.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:57 PM
FenderBean

Hi Bob I got my emcotec stuff from esprit models, I bought the last one they had with all the decoders they had.
hopefully they restock.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:42 AM
Quandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome project Keith, love the Starscream livery!
Old 02-13-2020, 06:47 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by Quandry
Awesome project Keith, love the Starscream livery!
Thanks, I cant wait to get some nice in flight pictures!
Old 02-14-2020, 06:34 PM
FenderBean

With the jet pretty much done I am in the clean up wiring and setup phase, I still havent mounted the tanks just to allow for ease of setup but thats the last part before balance. I am making the cockpit dash flip up and my emcotec switch will be under it, just a simple tube inside another tube thing. Its removable so if I need to do maintenance I can and removal of batteries.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:44 AM
FenderBean

Finished the Canopy stuff and the Emcotec switch hide, its all removable and easy to get in and out. Next thing is putting in tanks and she will be done.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:51 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

That’s the fastest build I’ve ever seen you do!
Old 02-15-2020, 05:04 PM
FenderBean

Yeah quick build when you dont have to fix a bunch of stuff and its more an ARF than anything else I have built.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:35 PM
FenderBean

Well here are the last few pictures, its officially complete and next step is balancing and test run on the new M166TS's

Old 02-16-2020, 11:58 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Yeah quick build when you dont have to fix a bunch of stuff and its more an ARF than anything else I have built.

it’s going to be improved even more as time goes on.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:53 PM
FenderBean

Well managed to CG the jet today, and I am super happy with the results. It only takes 0.5 pounds of weight to CG at 285 and after its test flown if the invert check needs more up than it should I can probably got 290 and remove most of that weight.
Im using BBs in a bag, so once I add some glue to the bag and shove them down in the nose as far as I can it will be less than 0.5 pounds. Im happy with that since my F-14 took a little more weight to balance.

Old 02-17-2020, 07:14 PM
cycross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Well managed to CG the jet today, and I am super happy with the results. It only takes 0.5 pounds of weight to CG at 285 and after its test flown if the invert check needs more up than it should I can probably got 290 and remove most of that weight.
Im using BBs in a bag, so once I add some glue to the bag and shove them down in the nose as far as I can it will be less than 0.5 pounds. Im happy with that since my F-14 took a little more weight to balance.
Great to hear. Means it isn't as bad as feared. I wished the factory didn't hard-glue in the mounting tray on the nose though, would have made access lots easier than what is now.

Looking forward to hear about the engine starts. Thanks for sharing all these!
Old 02-17-2020, 08:09 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by cycross
Great to hear. Means it isn't as bad as feared. I wished the factory didn't hard-glue in the mounting tray on the nose though, would have made access lots easier than what is now.

Looking forward to hear about the engine starts. Thanks for sharing all these!
I agree with this, I thought the same thing about the tray in the nose. I have two rather large motor batteries to, two 5800 ion packs and a 3800 9.0 LiFe pack all sitting on the glued in tray. I put the bag of BBs forward of those in the tip of the nose, so the less equipment weight you have the more balance weight u will need. I dont do pilots either so if you use a pilot it would take very little weight, im hoping 290mm works on the CG, I could remove the weight and possible move a a battery back. Anyway hoping to test run tomorrow and check for heat around the tail section.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:52 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Well this is by far the fastest I ever seen you build a plane!! That's a good looking balance stand it is sitting on... We really appreciate your honesty during the entire build and Mr. Kim has been watching your build thread and taking notes. Looking forward to your flight reports!!

Cheers,

Dirk
Old 02-18-2020, 05:46 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by flejter1
Well this is by far the fastest I ever seen you build a plane!! That's a good looking balance stand it is sitting on... We really appreciate your honesty during the entire build and Mr. Kim has been watching your build thread and taking notes. Looking forward to your flight reports!!

Cheers,

Dirk
Been a pleasure! Jeff T let me borrow the balancer I always try to give a good positive feedback and the fact Mr Kim takes the good and bad feedback in a positive way to improve his product is the single most exciting part to all of this. Its a very well thought out model and its very obvious they take pride in things, its a very well thought out and refined model so far, few simple tweaks and it would be damn near perfect.

Last edited by FenderBean; 02-18-2020 at 05:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.