Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

World Models 33% ultimate

Old 02-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Smokey
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models 33% ultimate

I just want to double check if this is exactly the same as the one Aeroworks sells. Looking to get one. Has anybody actually bought one from World Models/Abmodels? Best price i have seen so far is $670 shipped from ABmodels. Can anybody beat that?

Thanks
Smokey
Old 02-12-2005, 11:27 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: World Models 33% ultimate

there's a guy selling one on RCU NIB for $550 shipped
Old 02-12-2005, 11:34 AM
rcflyguy_26
My Feedback: (8)

They are the rejected AW ultimates... Rocco canceled the factory order due to Quality issues. At least that is what I was told by someone"in the know"

Scott
Old 02-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Smokey

I cant find the $550 shipped plane on the marketplace. Anybody know where it is?

Thanks
Smokey
Old 02-12-2005, 01:35 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Looks like the one in the forums is sold. I can't find it anymore either.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:43 PM
dork_blaster
My Feedback: (14)

Just ordered a red one. Might start a build thread if anyone cares. Putting a ZDZ100NG Blue in it, JMB cans. The price was TOO good to pass on these "AW rejects". Call it an expensive experiment. Disclaimer: Okay, you Palomar RC Flyer guys who know me think I have too much money - not so true anymore after the divorce! So the kid and I will be eating mac 'n cheese for a while!

DB
Old 03-05-2005, 08:35 PM
LITO0815

i'm putting together one and it is the same that aw is selling for "899".I paid 650 shipped.the quality in my is perfect.I don't think a company like World Models is going to sell a plane if the quality is not good.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Smokey

Lito...Can you tell me the length of the servo extensions needed for elevators and the ailerons. Does it come with all the hardware like control horns and wheels. Mine wont get here till tuesday and i am trying to get all the stuff ready.

Thanks
Smokey
Old 03-05-2005, 10:20 PM
LITO0815

Hi smokey.
I'm using 24" extension and it will reach the middle/back section of the canopy were i going to put my receiver.I also try the 36" extension and they are too long.In my local hobby shop or tower hobbies they only have 24" or 36".If you can find extension 28" long or 30" will be perfect.
And yes it come with everything you need,complete hardware,ball bearings control horns,pilot,wheels,fuel tank ,plastic spinner with aluminum back plate and extension servo arms with ball bearings.

happy landings.
Lito.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:24 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

I have heard that these are the Aeroworks rejects, but I am not so sure. The reason I say that is that I owned the 27% Aeroworks and it had built up wings with very thin sheeting. The AB advertizes their 27% as foam core with balsa sheeting. That is a big difference. Don't know about the bigger ones.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Smokey

Lito...thanks for the great info. Do you think you will use all the hardware? Are they of good quality? If so, that is good new coz it will save me from spending more. If you buy this plane from aeroworks you would have to buy alot of hardware. I think they were charging $125 for it.
What engine are you planning to use on this plane? How are you gonna wire the wings together?
Sorry for the many questions.

thanks
Smokey
Old 03-05-2005, 11:22 PM
LITO0815

Smokey... In my opinion they are very good and i going to use all of them except for the spinner,i don't like the idea of plastic spinner for big engines.And you are right they were charging 125 for it.
A DA 100 is the engine i going to use.About the way i gonna wire the wings I will use the AILERON DIFFERENTIAL function on my computer radio,the upper right wing and the lower right wing together with a y connector to channel 1 and upper left with the lower left wing together to channel 7.

....and if i'm helping anyone there is no many questions.

lito.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Smokey

Lito....We sure saved alot of money by buying the plane from world models and not from aeroworks. I bought a 4" ultimate spinner from dave brown at the Wram Show. I also didnt want to use the plastic spinner. How long are the extensions needed on the wings so you can plug them to the Y? How long is the Y gonna be?
This is very helpful information

Smokey
Old 03-06-2005, 04:31 AM
J0E

Dork_blaster + others, I would be very interested in a build thread/ comments on parts fit and flying qualities etc.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:28 AM
dork_blaster
My Feedback: (14)

Guys that have their's already, what kind of hinges came with it? I've always used Robart hinges in my big planes, AW manual says their's comes with CA hinges and STRONGLY recommends 1/4 scale Klett pinned nylon hinges.

Fly safe guys!

DB
Old 03-06-2005, 12:46 PM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

don't know where you got yours...but my 27% is foam-core all around.

ORIGINAL: AJF--2

I have heard that these are the Aeroworks rejects, but I am not so sure. The reason I say that is that I owned the 27% Aeroworks and it had built up wings with very thin sheeting. The AB advertizes their 27% as foam core with balsa sheeting. That is a big difference. Don't know about the bigger ones.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:26 PM
LITO0815

smokey...I used 12" on the wings, the "y " depends were the receiver is going to be located ,remember that one end of the "y" conector have to come out thrugh the wing cabane for the upper wing and the other end stay inside for the lower wing. I see you went to the wram show ,I bought my da100 there. do you live in NY?

joe....my ultimate is almost done and I didn't have any problems so far, every part fits good and I'm very happy with it. The only hard part of the building is glueing the engine box inside the fuselage and tighten the screws for the wing cabane inside the fuselage.(it takes a lot of passion). You need a very short screw driver or "L" type screw driver. What i did also was down load the manual from aero works ,even if they are the same planes the manuals are diferents, the aw manual kind explain better.

dork blaster.... It come with the ca hinges installed, ready to be glue like if you buy it from aw. But world model include a bag full of metal hinges to replce the ca hinges. Any way I think the ca hinges will be ok since Chip hyde had ca hinges in his 46% ultimate.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Smokey

Lito....You are giving me valuable information here. Thanks!!!!. Is it possible to install the motor box sides after you attach the wing cabane to it first? I was thinking about this while looking at the AW manual. Are the wheels foam or rubber? Are they going flat? I live in bronxville, NY. Not too far from the wram show. Where in new york are you?

Smokey
Old 03-06-2005, 06:57 PM
AJF--2

quote:

Got mine from Aero-Works-- at the $595 price plus $45 for shipping[X(]
Old 03-06-2005, 07:00 PM
LITO0815

smokey.....Is not possible , the space is just enough to insert the motor box side in place,then you have to insert the wing cabane base through the top of the fuselage and bolt it to the motor box side.It is very tricky this part of the assemble ,but like I said before it is the only two hard things to do.
The wheels are made of hard foam,they look pretty strong .I'm gonna give them a try and for sure they will go flat, if we leave them with the weight of the plane for a period of time.

..did I mention that they also included the tap to do the tread on the wings tube!

I live in dutchess county,I'm a member of the Mid Hudson rc in Hopewell Junction
Old 03-06-2005, 07:05 PM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

AW's 27% is not built-up....it is most definitely foam core.

quote:

Got mine from Aero-Works-- at the $595 price plus $45 for shipping[X(]
Old 03-06-2005, 07:14 PM
AJF--2

Mine was built us--AS I HAD TO CUT IT OPEN TO REPAIR THE AITI-ROTATION DOWLS--AND EMPTY SPACE INSIDE THE WINGS MEANS BUILT UP!!!! Of course since they are fully sheeted you would not know that unlewss you called Rocco or else had to do surgery--AS I DID!

I also just checked the website and it says nothing of foam cores-made of balsa and lite ply-you may want to look for your self. Here is the link
http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=81
Old 03-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Smokey

Lito...The wing tube tap is a nice touch. Is it 4-40 like the ones aeroworks was using or some metric number? Somebody gave me an idea of adding some wood inside the wingtube so that wing hold bolt has more meat to bite into not just the thickness of the wingtube. I am a member of the M.A.A.W. club in croton and Blackdirtsquadron in goshen,ny.

Something off topic: I saw a flyer for a labor day giant scale fly in at the wintonbury flying club in central conneticut. I was wondering if you are familiar with them and is it worth going to.

Thanks
Smokey
Old 03-06-2005, 07:31 PM
LITO0815

Smokey.... all the hardware included in the kit, is metric. You don't have to add the wood inside the wing tube because they already did it for you. In reference to the giant scale fly in, I never hear about it.

5 years ago I tried to become a member of the Blackdirtsquadron, but they weren't accepting any more members. Is it the same today?

Lito
Old 03-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Smokey

Lito....metric huh. I just wasted some money at the wram show when i bought big bags of S.A.E. bolts for the bipe. I was following aeroworks material list. Oh well, i can always use it for something else. Or maybe i will use them so i dont have to worry about finding a metric bolt when i loose one.

I joined blackdirt 3 years ago. If your still interested i can get you some contact numbers. I would atleast get my name on the waiting list if there is any.

Smokey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.