Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 06:24 AM
cfnicklos
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, great detail on this build. I like how you built new engine boxes, that go all the way back to the wing tube.
I never did thank for posting the, more specific info, about the carbon wing tubes that you put in place.

Still have not had the time to get into retro-fitting new tubes into my 310. Think my challenge is going to be getting the old tube out, and maintain tubing alignment.
- My plan is to make a drill bit out of tubing, that "just" fits over the current tube. Going to use the current tube as a pilot to bore all the way down into the wing.
I am hoping that this will minimize the need for a fixture, as those tubes are already running parallel ...
- will have to measure to make sure. might be able to "float" the tubes at the butt joint to take up minor (a few microns), then tied it down.
As mention, this plan is complete, and trying no to tear into too much.
Old 04-22-2024, 06:41 AM
jsparky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cfnicklos
Wow, great detail on this build. I like how you built new engine boxes, that go all the way back to the wing tube.
I never did thank for posting the, more specific info, about the carbon wing tubes that you put in place.

Still have not had the time to get into retro-fitting new tubes into my 310. Think my challenge is going to be getting the old tube out, and maintain tubing alignment.
- My plan is to make a drill bit out of tubing, that "just" fits over the current tube. Going to use the current tube as a pilot to bore all the way down into the wing.
I am hoping that this will minimize the need for a fixture, as those tubes are already running parallel ...
- will have to measure to make sure. might be able to "float" the tubes at the butt joint to take up minor (a few microns), then tied it down.
As mention, this plan is complete, and trying no to tear into too much.
No problem.. but look back on the previous posts.. and you will see those red things that I 3D printed.. that is what I used to align the tubes.. this is a very critical thing to get them aligned properly or they will never fit..
Old 04-25-2024, 01:50 PM
cforcht
My Feedback: (46)

I am currently in the process of building a Nosen 310 from an original kit. Yep doin it old school. Well sorta. Im not using nitro engines. I do have a question for those who have built or owned one. What servos to use for surfaces. Particularly how much torque do they need to have?
Old 04-25-2024, 05:57 PM
jsparky

Originally Posted by cforcht
I am currently in the process of building a Nosen 310 from an original kit. Yep doin it old school. Well sorta. Im not using nitro engines. I do have a question for those who have built or owned one. What servos to use for surfaces. Particularly how much torque do they need to have?
well think back in history.. when back in the 80's the most powerful servo was about 45 or 50 oz...and analog to boot... so any decent 100 oz digital should work just fine..
Old 04-26-2024, 10:24 AM
cforcht

Originally Posted by jsparky
well think back in history.. when back in the 80's the most powerful servo was about 45 or 50 oz...and analog to boot... so any decent 100 oz digital should work just fine..
yep you're correct. I hadnt thought about that. So yeah just about any modern servo will suffice, thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:02 AM
jsparky

Originally Posted by cforcht
yep you're correct. I hadnt thought about that. So yeah just about any modern servo will suffice, thanks for bringing that to my attention.
actually the ones I am using... some what over kill but price says everything.. and surprisingly enough.. they are made in the same savox factory..

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-26-2024, 02:59 PM
cforcht

Ya know I actually have some of those. bought a while ago for a project and wound up going a different direction. thanks