Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

OWB ate through starter case

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 08:02 AM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OWB ate through starter case

My friend has a slayer and we installed a red cat roto start on it with traxxas pro .15 owb #4011. Everything is new including the engine, roto start, and owb. Can anyone tell us why after a half gallon, including break-in, that the owb has drilled through the rear plastic case? We went to start it the other day and noticed something didn't sound right. After looking closer we notice a hole in the back of the roto start and the owb is gone. Just bought the same red cat racing roto start for my picco .26 max red dot and my friends t-maxx that he just picked up and we put his old jato 3.3 into it. Hope it doesn't happen to us too.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:09 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Frankly, anything Redcat is suspect in my book. I’d use a stock Traxxas Pullstart before I waste my money on Redcat junk.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:21 AM
Quickywd01

Does traxxas make a roto start? The three of us wanted to use a roto start. The slayer that blew up the rotostart is now running a traxxas pull start. I think I might put a thin metal disc in the rear to prevent the owb from eating through the other ones. I will see because I just installed one and my t-maxx buddy just installed one.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:49 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Can you post a picture or two of the worn parts? I’m curious to see what really
happened..
Old 04-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Quickywd01

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Can you post a picture or two of the worn parts? I’m curious to see what really
happened..

red cat racing roto start with TRAXXAS owb #4011. Both new with one week on it and about 15 tanks of fuel including break in.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:06 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Junky design. There should be a bearing in there that centers the gear and prevents the one way clutch bearing from rubbing. If you want electric start, I would stick with the EZ Start system instead. Otherwise you could try a Tiger Drive.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:00 PM
Quickywd01

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Junky design. There should be a bearing in there that centers the gear and prevents the one way clutch bearing from rubbing. If you want electric start, I would stick with the EZ Start system instead. Otherwise you could try a Tiger Drive.
I got the same one on my .26 red dot and it works fine. I don't know if the ez-start can spin my .26 red dot. I use a double battery and double motor roto start. I have a single also and it doesn't cut it.