Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Told my truck I was going out for a pack of cigarettes 15 years ago.

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Told my truck I was going out for a pack of cigarettes 15 years ago.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 07:13 AM
Morfeeis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Told my truck I was going out for a pack of cigarettes 15 years ago.

Bought a Revo after being away from the hobby or almost 15 years (my last truck was the Ofna dominator and it had just come out.). Found what I thought was a sweet deal on a Revo 3.3, the guy only wanted $100 and all it needed was a servo. I tore the engine down last night and it was horrifying. The amount of sludge inside of it was so caked up that it looked like someone had poured red syrup in there and through dust on it for good measures.

Heard about the Traxxas engine swap, called my local dealer and they said they wanted 104 and my engine, eBay just wanted 104 for a new engine, the program kind of sounds like a rip-off.

I was in awe of all of the technical Innovation that have been made since I last was in the Hobby.. You guys have on-board temperature readouts, LiPO batteries that last 40 minutes and a host of other things I would have killed for in the past. Can't wait. And this is from a guy who has ran an mechanical speed controller before on numerous cars, I had an original orange chassis rc10.

anyway just wanted to share.

Last edited by Morfeeis; 02-25-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:17 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

I'm getting mine running again too. Got a wing, exhaust gasket, reverse gears, filter foams, spur gears, screws, roto backplate, owb, body, and I still need a glow igniter and a few other things.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:25 PM
billyg900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing puts a smile on your face better than a well tuned nitro, but id suggest picking up a nice brushless truck as well for the times when you just cant get that nitro running.....
Old 04-08-2018, 09:22 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Morfeeis
Bought a Revo after being away from the hobby or almost 15 years (my last truck was the Ofna dominator and it had just come out.). Found what I thought was a sweet deal on a Revo 3.3, the guy only wanted $100 and all it needed was a servo. I tore the engine down last night and it was horrifying. The amount of sludge inside of it was so caked up that it looked like someone had poured red syrup in there and through dust on it for good measures.

Heard about the Traxxas engine swap, called my local dealer and they said they wanted 104 and my engine, eBay just wanted 104 for a new engine, the program kind of sounds like a rip-off.

I was in awe of all of the technical Innovation that have been made since I last was in the Hobby.. You guys have on-board temperature readouts, LiPO batteries that last 40 minutes and a host of other things I would have killed for in the past. Can't wait. And this is from a guy who has ran an mechanical speed controller before on numerous cars, I had an original orange chassis rc10.

anyway just wanted to share.
oh the horror stories i read about when buying a used engine.

Originally Posted by Quickywd01
I'm getting mine running again too. Got a wing, exhaust gasket, reverse gears, filter foams, spur gears, screws, roto backplate, owb, body, and I still need a glow igniter and a few other things.
owb = one way bearing? sorry, trying to further my nitro education/terminology

Originally Posted by billyg900
nothing puts a smile on your face better than a well tuned nitro, but id suggest picking up a nice brushless truck as well for the times when you just cant get that nitro running.....
another buzzkill . that would be me. i'd buy the cheapest nitro rc i could find, and give up with tuning it all the time.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:56 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by RustyUs

owb = one way bearing? sorry, trying to further my nitro education/terminology

Yea, one way bearing. Bought a "chinese" one online for cheap compared to traxxas parts.