Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New turbine X 45 ,by Gaspar

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New turbine X 45 ,by Gaspar

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 05:41 AM
pimpmycnc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the maiden flight with the Xicoy X-45 this weekend. After a conversion from Wren 44i to the X-45 my miniAvanti S got a 300g diet but equal thrust! That is awesome. The Turbine runs perfect. A unbelievable fast acceleration an decceleration. Never seen that before. Landings are like a walk in the park, even thanks to the very low residual thrust.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:40 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by raptor30se
I know people like the “other brand” but analogy would be Chevy vs Cadillac in terms of construction and electronics this one offers.
The irony in this statement is it comes off more like a Chevy vs Ford argument, based on emotion and personal preference with zero facts or rationale. Could you tell us more about how the construction and electronics stand out as superior to others?
Old 06-19-2019, 12:15 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Xicoy x45

Not quite a C v F. , more like a BMW/MB v Porsche !

The x 45 is outstanding because :

Its build quality is superb.

Its thrust/weight ratio is outstanding, even better than. RR Trent !

Integration of ECU and valves inside the front cover is unique ( I believe). Makes installation dead easy.

Electric motors are brushless.

Starts are very rapid.

Acceleration is excellent.

Fuel efficiency, TSFC, is excellent. See Jason’s post.

Value is top notch.

My other JetsMunt engine, A 100 has been absolutely perfect in all respects.

Its backed by first class customer service from Gaspar and Sonia.

Having seen Jason’s engine performing, all enough to induce me to buy one, arrives tomorrow !

There will soon be a detailed analysis with, with numbers, by Colin, in RCJI.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 06-19-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:05 AM
David Gladwin

Default X45

Well, my engine has arrived. What an exquisite piece of engineering, a real jewel. Just as impressive is the top quality packaging, rather like Apple (and
DItex) present their quality products.

Cant wait to fly it !
Old 06-20-2019, 05:55 PM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Well, my engine has arrived. What an exquisite piece of engineering, a real jewel. Just as impressive is the top quality packaging, rather like Apple (and
DItex) present their quality products.

Cant wait to fly it !
Just be careful of your back David...your fuel drum will feel none the lighter after 5 flights
Old 06-21-2019, 07:42 AM
Rich Few

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What model are you going to put it in David ?
Old 06-21-2019, 10:39 PM
David Gladwin

Originally Posted by Rich Few
What model are you going to put it in David ?
Initially I will fly it in a Savex L39 which was flying so well yesterday with a Wren 44 Gold, it is no slouch!

Then it goes onto an E Flite Blanik sailplane.

I took the engine to Classic Jets yesterday, sort of show and tell, it attracted a lot of attention and universally highly complimentary comments.

I think a few more guys will be buying one ( or two! ).

Agree Phil, fuel burn will be rather less than my Big JetCats and my Olympus with its 5 litre tank !

The Wren 44 has just 1 litre of fuel and after a 9 minute flight it lands with 1/4 full tank so the. 45 should be good for 10 minutes on one litre.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:56 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I wanted give folks a heads up, Gaspar is pumping out 3 to me about every two weeks. For those on my wait list keep an eye out for emails from me, this is about a month a head of schedule!
If anyone is interested let me know I can get you the list. Cheers!
Old 06-25-2019, 02:55 PM
FenderBean

So a little whats in the box video, disclaimer its not my best video and was shooting from the hip lol anyway enjoy! The pictures dont give it justice on the size its a tiny little thing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQl4...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-25-2019, 04:39 PM
RockiesGuy

since my hobby budget will be gone for the year when I pay for the X-45, I decided to NOT go with the planes everybody would (read Sebart and foamies), I decided to scratch build a sport jet for the engine...light enough for a 30N but not push it at idle, but large and strong enough for those 10# trust. This one in the proof of concept (yeah pretty generic lines) for the wings and engine location(s) in the frame... what comes next is the fun one (making a "shell" fuselage (engine inside).

the one in the picture will be about 60" long / 62" ws / 8.5 - 9.5 # dry

Old 06-28-2019, 11:15 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Look what just showed up

Yesterday I got a pleasant surprise from Gaspar. Once I opened it I was stunned. The new X45 turbine..The packaging and presentation was superb. I have had many turbines in the past but none packaged and presented as nice. My best compliment to Gaspar's wife on the design of the Box and packaging.

I'm sure this little turbine is a perfect representation of the new Xicoy company. I'm looking forward to the new technology turbines by Xicoy (Gaspar) in the coming future... Jetpower 2019!!!!

Thank you Gaspar

Old 06-28-2019, 12:18 PM
David Gladwin

Default X45

Seems we all agree on this exquisite engine.

This evening I installed mine in my Savex L39, easiest possible install, a dream .

It will fly on Sunday.

After correcting the data and throttle cables, the markings are slightly ambiguous, the first start and run were flawless.

Time from start initiation to idle us unbelievably short , there is no egt overshoot and idle egt was exceptionally low.

This beautiful engine really does set new, exceptionally high, standards.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:29 AM
RockiesGuy

Does anyone out there flying the engine already want to share the fuel tank size and flying time on it?
Old 06-30-2019, 02:39 AM
David Gladwin

Default X45

First flight complete in L39 Perfect.
9 min flight burned 750 ml
Start sequence took 33 seconds.

Brilliant engine.

Correction :
First FOUR flights completed , everything worked perfectly !

Last edited by David Gladwin; 06-30-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:38 PM
RockiesGuy

David; thanks for the info, was that with throttle management I suppose? I personally Am not a speed demon, but some jet joke'-ees still have not noticed the multi-steps on the throttle stick. Either way that would probably be a good 5 minutes banshee flight huh?
Old 07-05-2019, 02:26 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by RockiesGuy
David; thanks for the info, was that with throttle management I suppose? I personally Am not a speed demon, but some jet joke'-ees still have not noticed the multi-steps on the throttle stick. Either way that would probably be a good 5 minutes banshee flight huh?
What do you mean? There is another stick position other than full and idle? hehe
Old 07-07-2019, 07:12 AM
RockiesGuy

Two questions for those who already have the engine; what is that yellow plug I will need on the battery, (XT60 or 90)? I will make an adapter (from the yellow thing to Deans T) while waiting for my engine.

And; how long is the cable that goes into the engine? While on the one hand designing my own frame (I love pattern style flying), I need to know how far back can I push the engine if decide to go with the foamy option...
Old 07-07-2019, 04:06 PM
DepecheMode101
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Yesterday I got a pleasant surprise from Gaspar. Once I opened it I was stunned. The new X45 turbine..The packaging and presentation was superb. I have had many turbines in the past but none packaged and presented as nice. My best compliment to Gaspar's wife on the design of the Box and packaging.

I'm sure this little turbine is a perfect representation of the new Xicoy company. I'm looking forward to the new technology turbines by Xicoy (Gaspar) in the coming future... Jetpower 2019!!!!

Thank you Gaspar

Standard or Light?
Old 07-07-2019, 06:28 PM
RockiesGuy

They are all receiving the "light" (black GCU) NOTE; when quoting a previous post it will come with ALL pictures...watch out.

Two questions for those who already have the engine; what is that yellow plug I will need on the battery, (XT60 or 90)? I will make an adapter (from the yellow thing to Deans T) while waiting for my engine.

And; how long is the cable that goes into the engine? While on the one hand designing my own frame (I love pattern style flying), I need to know how far back can I push the engine if decide to go with the foamy option...

Last edited by RockiesGuy; 07-07-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:38 PM
LA jetguy

They are all receiving the "light" (black GCU) NOTE; when quoting a previous post it will come with ALL pictures...watch out.

The cable that goes into engine is 20 inches long... the battery connection is a XT60

David
Old 07-07-2019, 09:43 PM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by DepecheMode101
Standard or Light?

Standard... comes with Analyzer
Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 AM
David Gladwin

Default X45

Throttle was used as required. Full power for take off and when going vertical, otherwise about two thirds throttle angle, about half thrust. Flew the L39 just fine.,

Absolutely no need of continuous full throttle and Gaspar ( and RR) advises against it in the interest of prolonging engine life !
Old 07-08-2019, 04:25 PM
FenderBean

If anyone is interested in seeing one up close I will have at Kentucky Jets, been out the loop a bit lately.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:42 AM
FenderBean

I have the new 90 degree turbine lead connectors coming next week. We already got the 90 degree fuel fittings on the motors and standard so this fixing any tight fit application issues people may have.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:54 PM
john491
My Feedback: (13)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

How do you open and use the instruction card? When I flip the tab back there are four contacts I don't recognize. I imagine it's supposed to plug into something somehow, just can't figure it out.
Is there anything on there not on the website?
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.