Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Unilight problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Unilight problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 06:47 PM
rcdavid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unilight problem

Hi guy’s

i have a 8ch unilight pro version...and is not working perfectly.

i program on my pc ...save on unilight with save current data button ( 3 timesto make sure) and working.

after modification on my pc , i save data with same button and when i press play to see my modification, the screen on pc return with my last save... the unilight not accept my modification?

on the status bar ( bottom pc screen) is write send to tx eesave successful all data has been stored...?

i run windows 10 ....usb problem?
any help appreciate.
David
Old 03-30-2018, 07:11 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I also found the Unilight software a little glitchy and the instructions are HORRIBLE. But they work! LOL

I had something funny happen where it wouldn't copy and then everything got erased. I was lucky because I made a copy so I was able to easily load the sequence I wanted.

What I did was reset the unilight to factory settings and loaded my copy. So, try that.

Good luck!
Old 03-31-2018, 12:50 AM
Roger M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also found the programming not as intuitive as claimed, but I found that by running the new set-up as a live test to start with and then saving to the controller seemed to work. That was also using Windows 10
Old 03-31-2018, 06:19 AM
rcdavid

I reset many time with hold reset button for 10 sec. Same result.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:39 AM
sailor05
My Feedback: (1)

Spent an awful lot of money for these lights. The software is horrible. Maybe it is better in German? The controller software is unusable and tech support is non-existent. Email to them yields a recommendation that I watch the mute video on YouTube.

Somebody has GOT to do this better? Anybody have a great alternative to unilights?
Old 05-25-2018, 09:56 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

If you guys ever need an alternative, you might think about BrainCube lights, I’m the US distributor, BrainCube is in the UK and Vario helicopters is picking the rest of Europe. The controller is simple to program and has just about all flashes you would need stored in it. Just a thought
Old 05-25-2018, 10:12 AM
sailor05
My Feedback: (1)

With all due respect... BTDT.

If Unilight would just find a native english speaker to edit their manuals and provide actual instructions in English that would be a great start.

My controller doesn't light the USB indicator. The USB port works just fine with the Castle Creations programmer so I have confidence that it isn't my computer.

Beyond frustrating....
Old 05-25-2018, 04:33 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

That’s the old BC controller
Old 05-26-2018, 05:02 AM
siclick33

Sailor05, I am a Unilight dealer so am obviously biased but Ulrich usually responds very quickly to emails and his English is good.

What is the specific issue you are having? Has the controller ever worked on your computer? If there is no USB light it sounds more like a PC connectivity problem rather than a controller issue.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:50 PM
RonTins

I just got the 8 channel Pro and I'm having problems setting the unit to power on to a particular sequence of choice. Can someone from Unilight or a dealer give us simple yet detailed instructions on how to achieve this?