Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

OFNA Starter Box Rewiring Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 04:01 PM
ebucs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA Starter Box Rewiring Problems!

I have an OFNA universal starter box. I bought it slightly disassembled, and I'm having trouble rewiring it to make it work. I connected the wires to what I thought were the terminals on the motor (pic #2), but they just sparked and the positive started melting. Never owned one of these before. i've looked up diagrams, but no luck. I've got some pics:

Appreciate any advice. Thank you.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:17 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Get your post count up so you can post photos, or use an image hosting site like Postimg to link the photos. I forget the model numbers of the various OFNA boxes, but I have one that’s all wired up. I did modify mine a little bit as it no longer had a glow driver circuit installed. I added a buck/buck converter to drive the glow plug and run the box on a 4-cell Li-ion pack. I’ll add some photos later today.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:54 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I got some photos of my OFNA starter box. To correct my last post, I use a 4-cell Li-Ion pack to power the starter motor and a 2-cell Li-Ion pack to power the bucking converter to drive the glow plug.

The blue/red wires connect the bucking converter to the banana plug ports on the box. The short black leads from the bucking converter connect to the battery pack. The rest of the wiring ties the master power switch, pressure activated power switch for the motor, and the banana plug charging ports together. It looks more complicated than it is.
Main view of the inside.
Name:  IMG-8343.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  25.7 KB
Banana plug ports for external glow driver leads.

Name:  858-F3528-1-E33-4-E48-A36-C-84-B3-D022-C42-B.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  13.2 KB
Master power switch and banana plug charge ports.

Name:  IMG_8344.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  23.7 KB